The libraries lie at the heart of the School and play an important part in day to day life. Staffed by a professional librarian and two assistant librarians, they are modern spacious environments ideally suited to support the School’s aims of encouraging reading for pleasure and developing independent learning.
The Senior Library is the perfect place for private study or catching up on the latest fiction. Class bookings also make the most of the research facilities. The Library offers a wide range of resources
- More than 16,000 books
- Curriculum-related and leisure interest magazines and journals
- Daily newspapers
- Subscriptions to numerous online databases for academic research (password access)
There are also computers, photocopying, scanning and printing facilities; iPads; projector and big-screen viewing capability; plasma screen showing BBC News 24 and school news.
The Junior Library allows pupils to take part in a wide range of activities
- borrow one of 9,000 books and DVDs
- use the networked computers for research and private study
- browse our selection of graphic novels and comics
- play board games or puzzles
- listen to stories on our mp3 players or CDs
- take part in regular Library competitions and activities
Every Junior class has a timetabled session in the Library each week, which is spent exchanging books, improving research skills and engaging in fun activities and discussions, all of which help to develop independent learning skills and an enthusiasm for reading.