Developing Leadership through Partnership
A new initiative that provides teaching staff with the opportunity of developing their leadership skills, through the completion of an improvement project in other school settings
Who is it aimed at?
The programme is aimed at excellent practitioners who are ambitious for their own career progression and wish to gain valuable leadership skills, or colleagues who are current/aspiring middle/senior leaders that would welcome some wider whole school experience
How does it work?
- Each school involved in the project identifies an area of need within their setting, this may include topics such as: quality of feedback; homework provision; supporting disadvantaged children; pastoral systems; digital technology; CPD provision; supporting the top end; or a wellbeing review. It may also include a specific curriculum subject or year group review. The list is endless, but the school needs to consider a project where improvement is achievable within the time frame provided.
- The list of project areas are circulated amongst all participating schools with an aim of each school matching a staff member from their own school to a project in a different school.
- The colleague taking part will then contact the host school CPD Lead and arrange a suitable time to complete some data collection in the school. This may include: lesson observations; interviewing staff and students; evaluating data; or analysing policies and schemes of work.
- The colleague may wish to visit the school more than once depending on the size of the project.
- The findings and consequential action plan are written up and presented to the host school’s senior team and where appropriate, the governors.
What are the benefits?
There is no cost associated with this project, the aim is purely to provide school to school improvement through collaboration and sharing effective practice. The host school benefits from an external review on an area that they would like addressed, whilst the colleague taking part in the project gains valuable leadership skills through their project completion.
Get in touch
Please see the downloadable PDF below for more details and how to get in touch.