Freemen's School Association (FSA)
The FSA is a registered charity run by parent volunteers. Our focus extends beyond simply raising funds, we organise social events throughout the year and aim to encourage parents and families to attend and welcome them into the Freemen’s community.
Our key events for the year include:
- Fireworks Night – November
- Christmas Fair – December
- Parent Social - March
- Summer Ball – June
Each year group has representatives who form the vital link between parents and school. These Year Reps keep the parents in their year group up-to-date with school events and encourage parents to attend such things as coffee mornings and social evenings.
A wonderful Second Hand Uniform Shop is also run by the FSA. You will find the shop conveniently located on-site and it is open at regular intervals. All second hand uniform is reasonably priced and a portion of the profit goes to the FSA.
Second Hand Uniform Shop Opening Times:
Wednesday 18th April (7.45am - 9.00am and 3.30pm - 4.30pm)
Tuesday 15th May (7.45am - 9.00am and 3.30pm - 4.30pm)
Tuesday 12th June (TBC)
Monday 30th July (10.00am - 12.00pm)
Friday 24th August (10.00am - 12.00pm)
Our events have enabled us to raise funds which ultimately benefit all children at Freemen’s. In 2017 - 2018 we were fortunate enough to be able to fund:
- Flag and pop-up canopy for the Sports Department;
- Gig Stands for the Music Department;
- A Pool Table which turns into a study table for the Boarding House;
- Colourful Outdoor Picnic Benches and a Buddy Bench for the Junior School;
- Vertical wall mounted Xylophone;
- An Outdoor Table Tennis Table and accessories for the Junior School;
- 60 x Yoga mats to be used throughout the school through the Wellbeing Programme;
- A fabulous RoBox 3D Printer;
- Go Pak Folding Tables to help expand our growing Christmas Fair which is our biggest fundraiser of the year raising £10,500 in 2017!
- 4 x Water Polo Goals for our new pool;
- 8 x £500 Sixth Form Enrichment and Travel Awards.
We have also been able to support the school and pupils by again covering the cost for the Upper 3 children to participate in the Shakespeare Festival in 2018. The FSA has also contributed £1,000 towards the cost of the Sixth Form Leavers Ball.
You don't have to be a committee member to contribute. Please get in touch with us should you have any ideas or time to spare!
Registered Charity no: 1151182