Freemen's School Association (FSA)
The FSA is a registered charity run by parent volunteers. We organise social events throughout the year and aim to encourage parents and families to attend, to ensure a warm welcome into the Freemen’s community.
Our key events for the year include:
- Freemen’s Easter Egg Hunt – Friday 25 March, 4pm to 5.30pm.
- Freemen’s Annual Ball – Saturday 25 June, 7pm till late.
- Freemen’s Fireworks Night – Thursday 3 November, 6.30pm to 8pm.
- Freemen’s Christmas Fair – Saturday 3 December, 11am to 3pm.
Each year group has representatives who form the vital link between parents and school. These Year Reps keep the parents in their year group up-to-date with school events and encourage parents to attend coffee mornings and social evenings. They can be contacted via Classlist.
Second-Hand Uniform Shop
We have a well-stocked second-hand uniform shop run by FSA volunteers. You will find the shop conveniently located onsite in Philp House and it is open at regular intervals. All second-hand uniform is reasonably priced.
The second-hand uniform shop is open from 11.00am - 12.30pm on the following dates:
- Saturday 10 September 2022
- Saturday 1 October 2022
- Saturday 5 November 2022
- Saturday 3 December 2022
Items Purchased by the FSA
The strong support of the Freemen’s community means we often raise a large amount of funds for Freemen’s. These funds are used to benefit children at Freemen’s.
Approved Teacher Bids 2021 - 2022
This year we have committed to supporting the following projects totalling just under £26,000:
- Lego club - £1,500
- Gym roll mats - £1,800
- Upper Sixth and Upper Fifth leaver balls - £500 each
- Sixth Form Enrichment Awards - £3,000
- A Hardship Fund donation - £2,000
- PA system - £5,000
- Outdoor classroom canopy and storage - £11,300
Make a Difference
You don't have to be a committee member to contribute. Please get in touch with us should you have any ideas or time to spare. There are lots of opportunities for you to get involved.
Registered Charity no: 1151182