Freemen's School Association (FSA)
The FSA is a registered charity run by parent volunteers. Our focus extends beyond simply raising funds, we organise social events throughout the year and aim to encourage parents and families to attend and welcome them into the Freemen’s community.
Our key events for the year include:
- Fireworks Night – November
- Christmas Fair – December
- Parent Social - March
- Summer Ball – June
Each year group has representatives who form the vital link between parents and school. These Year Reps keep the parents in their year group up-to-date with school events and encourage parents to attend such things as coffee mornings and social evenings.
A wonderful Second Hand Uniform Shop is also run by the FSA. You will find the shop conveniently located on-site and it is open at regular intervals. All second hand uniform is reasonably priced and a portion of the profit goes to the FSA.
Key FSA Dates - Autumn 2019
Tuesday 3rd September at 8.00 am - FSA New Parents Welcome Coffee, for all new parents joining the school. This is a lovely opportunity to meet new parents and welcome them into the Freemen’s community.
Thursday 7th November at 6.30pm Main House - FSA Fireworks Evening. This is definitely a date to put in your calendar. Each year over 1200 children and family members attend our Fireworks evening and each year it gets better and better! Entry tickets and food tickets will be going on sale via the school website in early October.
Saturday 7th December - FSA Christmas Fair 11am - 2pm Sports Hall Please mark your calendars for this! Last year we raised £10,000 which went directly to our children through Teacher Grants in January.
Second Hand Uniform Shop
The Second Hand Uniform Shop can be found in Philp House. Enter though the front door and carry on walking though the double doors, you will find us in the second room on the left.
The Uniform Shop is open from 7.45 - 9.00am and from 3.30 - 4.30pm on the following dates:
Tuesday 8th October
Thursday 14th November
Tuesday 3rd December
Items Purchased by the FSA 2018 - 2019
Our events have enabled us to raise funds which ultimately benefit all children at Freemen’s.
In 2018 - 2019 we were fortunate enough to be able to fund just under £39,000 worth of additional items for the school. These included:
- A Gazebo for use at events for the Medical Centre
- 60 sets of Uno cards for the Junior School
- Marching Band equipment and instruments for CCF
- 2 x Flood lights for the Sports Dept
- A Microphone Recording System in The Recital Hall for the Music Dept
- Playground sports equipment for the Junior School
- 2 x 3D Printers to expand printer club for the DT Department
- A Boxford Laser cutting machine for the DT Department
- Shakespeare Festival for Lower 4 pupils
- A contribution towards the Sixth Form Leavers Ball
- Covering the cost for the DJ at the U5 Ball
- Enrichment and Travel Awards for Sixth Form Students for £6,000
You don't have to be a committee member to contribute. Please get in touch with us should you have any ideas or time to spare!
Registered Charity no: 1151182